Are You a Good Fit?
Convention Sales Manager
The Convention Development Manager position is crucial role in our organization and the Tri-Cities tourism and hospitality industry. Your group bookings directly impact the revenue stream for the organization and stimulate economic vitality in the community. In this position you interact with Visit Tri-Cities tourism partners and state, regional and national meeting professionals. You’ll be involved in securing meetings and conventions to be held in the Tri-Cities. You will become a “go to” person for venues, hotel and attractions that accommodate groups varying in size of ten attendees to well over a thousand attendees. Your ability to establish relationships, understand industry trends, prospect new events and exhibit strong sales skills is essential to the organization’s success.
What you’ve probably done:
• Client relations: provided customers with customized information and services
• Sales: understand the process, conduct sales calls, build a pipeline and arrange appointments
• Relationships: establish and maintain relationships with customers and industry partners
• Goal-oriented: self-motivated, success driven with an innovative approach to setting and achieving goals
• Strategize: research trends, created sales strategies and prospect new events
• Project Management: event planning and communications
• Correspondence: writing letters, memos, proposals, communicating by phone and in-person
• Created reports with accuracy & detail: kept track of quickly changing information
• Worked in the tourism realm: Bonus points if you’ve worked in the tourism or hospitality industries—but even if you haven’t, we still want to hear from you if you think you’re a good fit!
Traits of the perfect team member:
• You understand, represent and promote the Visit Tri-Cities mission, vision and values
• You love the Tri-Cities; you see and celebrate the good
• You have a passion for sales
• You enjoy creating new relationships, networking and conducting sales calls
• You are solution oriented and resourceful; you find ways to get things done
• You utilize technology and tools to be more productive
• You have great people skills; you can read emotional cues and body language; you give people confidence and in difficult situations you put them at ease
• You have a knack for exceptional customer service
• You have great communication skills, in person, in writing, and on the phone
• You have personal initiative, you’re driven to succeed
• You’re attentive to detail and can produce accurate reports
• You're a master multitasker
• You’re really good at time management
• You’re able to smile and stay calm under pressure
• You’re able to juggle multiple projects and deadlines
• You can handle interruptions and still make progress
• You can be flexible, and you don't stress under multiple deadlines
This job is not for you if:
• You just want a 9-5
• You like to gossip and add fuel to office rumors
• You get distracted easily or have a hard time focusing
• You’re allergic to communicating with others
• You don’t like dealing with the public
• You want predictability and the same kinds of tasks every day
What do we value?
• Inclusivity, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility (IDEA)
Click here to view full details of Visit Tri-Cities values
Answer These Questions
What is your favorite thing about the Tri-Cities?
Why we would be crazy not to hire you?
To apply for this position, email your resume, cover letter, and the answers to the above questions to