Are You a Good Fit?
Director of Marketing
The Director of Marketing is a crucial role at Visit Tri-Cities. As a Destination Marketing Organization, pretty much everything we do is marketing, and you’re the one leading the charge. You’ll work to develop campaigns and strategies that increase economic impact in the Tri-Cities by attracting visitors who stay in hotels. This will involve managing, inspiring and collaborating with a team of creative professionals as you work together to conceptualize, create and deliver display and digital ad campaigns and marketing collateral. You’ll coordinate social media and PR strategies, and develop website content, itineraries, travel blogs and publications. You’ll need to think like a visitor and help create campaigns and content that speak to their needs and move them along the path from learning about the destination, all the way down to booking a hotel room. And you’ll need to track the effectiveness and ROI for the tactics utilized.
What you’ve probably done:
• Marketing strategy: conceptualized and implemented ad campaigns
• Media coordination: purchased, implemented and tracked advertising, PR and social media
• Copywriting: written compelling copy that speaks to the customer’s hopes and dreams
• Client relations: provided customers with customized information and services
• Relationships: establish and maintain relationships with industry partners, media outlets, agencies and vendors
• Goal-oriented: self-motivated, success driven with an innovative approach to setting and achieving goals
• Project Management: planning and communications
• Correspondence: writing letters, memos, proposals, communicating by phone and in-person
• Worked in the tourism realm: bonus points if you’ve worked in the tourism or hospitality industries, especially at a Destination Marketing Organization —but even if you haven’t, we still want to hear from you if you think you’re a good fit!
Traits of the perfect team member:
• You understand, represent and promote the Visit Tri-Cities mission, vision and values
• You love the Tri-Cities; you see and celebrate the good
• You have a passion for marketing, advertising and PR
• You enjoy creating and managing relationships
• You are solution oriented and resourceful; you find ways to get things done
• You utilize technology and tools to be more productive
• You have great people skills
• You have great communication skills, in person, in writing, and on the phone
• You have personal initiative, you’re driven to succeed
• You’re attentive to detail
• You're a master multitasker
• You’re really good at time management
• You’re able to smile and stay calm under pressure
• You’re able to juggle multiple projects and deadlines
• You can handle interruptions and still make progress
• You can be flexible, and you don't stress under multiple deadlines
This job is not for you if:
• You just want a 9-5
• You like to gossip and add fuel to office rumors
• You get distracted easily or have a hard time focusing
• You’re allergic to communicating with others
• You want predictability and the same kinds of tasks every day
What do we value?
• Inclusivity, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility (IDEA)
Click here to view full details of Visit Tri-Cities values
Answer These Questions
What is your favorite thing about the Tri-Cities?
Why we would be crazy not to hire you?
To apply for this position, email your resume, cover letter, and the answers to the above questions to