Are You a Good Fit?
Visitor Services Specialist
The Visitor Services Specialist is a hugely important role, because you are not just the face of our organization, but also of the Tri-Cities. As the person behind the desk, phone and computer at the Visitor Center, you are often the first-person people connect with when they’re looking for visitor information. You are a linchpin—your role touches almost every part of the organization to help manage lodging needs for visitors and groups coming to the Tri-Cities. You communicate with hotels and event organizers and meeting planners to coordinate and report on every stage of the planning process, from before the group's arrival to after they’ve left.
What you’ve probably done:
• Worked as a liaison: Helped people get connected with the information and services they need
• Reception: Worked behind a front desk answering questions and directing calls
• Created reports with accuracy & detail: Kept track of quickly changing information
• Website management: Kept a website up to date with accurate information
• [Preferred] Worked in the tourism realm: Bonus points if you’ve worked in the convention or tourism industries, or staffed a visitor center—but even if you haven’t, we still want to hear from you if you think you’re a good fit!
Traits of the perfect team member:
• You’re a customer service whiz and you have great communication skills, in person, in writing, and on the phone
• You’re attentive to detail and can produce accurate reports
• You love the Tri-Cities and are evangelical about everything it offers
• You're a master multitasker
• You’re really good at time management
• You’re able to juggle multiple projects and deadlines
• You can handle interruptions and still make progress
• You can be flexible, and you don't stress under multiple deadlines (weekly, monthly, and quarter deadlines)
This job is not for you if:
• You just want a 9-5
• You get distracted easily or have a hard time focusing
• You’re allergic to reports and organization
• You don’t like dealing with the public
• You want predictability and the same kinds of tasks every day
What do we value?
• Inclusivity, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility (IDEA)
Click here to view full details of Visit Tri-Cities values
Answer These Questions
What is your favorite thing about the Tri-Cities?
Why we would be crazy not to hire you?
To apply for this position, email your resume, cover letter, and the answers to the above questions to